Saturday, April 17, 2010

Razor Clams and the Sovereignty of God

Wow. We went digging for Razor Clams this morning at Long Beach, having left home at 4:45am and just getting home about 45 minutes ago. What an awesome time we had though. It was my first time, and Dave helped me get my first 3, then I found 5 more on my own. We spent close to three hours digging, and the Lord kept the rain back until we were done, thankfully. Then we spent the afternoon driving around the Long Beach/Oysterville area looking at houses and property for sale. Dave, Sabina, Zoe and Mattea all fell in love with 2 different properties, one that was approx 9 acres and the other an even 10 acres. We prayed over them, and I ask all of you to do the same. The Buhrmasters have become more than family to me over the past 7 years, and I will miss all of them immensely when I leave to go to Tennessee for Bible College. I pray that the Lord will bless them with the property they desire and open all doors for it to happen.

The title of today's post, "Razor Clams and the Sovereignty of God", stems from the fact that it is God Himself who commands the waters and tells them how far they may go onto dry land. The Ocean is a powerful, awesome force, that as we've seen in recent years can destroy homes, trees, buildings, etc. Look at what happened to New Orleans. Utter destruction. And yet, as I was knee-deep in water digging for the elusive Razor Clam, watching the waves crash all around me, and looking out at the miles of ocean that lay before me, I was humbled and thankful that I serve a Holy, Righteous, and Sovereign God who set everything into motion by His Word and chose to become flesh and pay the full cost for my sins, and elect me unto Eternal Life. It is only by His Sovereign Will that any will be saved, not by any works of the flesh. Especially not by the "will" of man, as some would have you believe. No, salvation is of the Lord, from beginning to end, and "I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6 ESV). Soli Deo Gloria ~ To God Alone Be The Glory. Amen and may the Lord bless all you do for His kingdom and may He be glorified in your life. In Jesus' Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment