Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Unceasing Blessings of Christ

Today I was blessed with another day of life. Many on this planet were not. I woke up this morning; many did not. I was able to have breakfast this morning; many were not. I slept in a bed in a home last night; many did not. I was able to open my Bible and study the infallible, awesome Word of Almighty God this morning; many were not, some because of violent persecution I may never know the likes of.

I try to recognize every single blessing in my life, no matter how great or how small. Passing an accident on the freeway, I see God's mercy in the fact that that was not me. Every breath I take in my slowly dying body, I see God's grace and mercy, and wonder "why me, Lord, why me?" When there are so many hurting children, so many other people on this planet, I wonder, "why did You choose ME?"

Yet, I realize and am assured of my Salvation and adoption in Christ Jesus. And I humbly seek to give every breath I have back to Him for His purposes and His will to be accomplished on this earth. And I long to see my risen Lord face to face, and I wonder if tomorrow will be the day that I see my Lord and my King Jesus Christ. And someday, that tomorrow will finally come. Though I know not when.

So until then, I will continue to be amazed at the love my Father in heaven has shown for me by sending His only begotten Son to die for my sins, and I will continually acknowledge the unceasing blessings of Christ in my life, as He pours out His grace and mercy upon me without measure.

I love my God and my King Jesus Christ, with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength, and with all my mind. And I will not take my hand off the plow and follow anyone else but Christ, so long as there is breath in this earthly body, for the glory of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

In the blessed Name of Jesus Christ,

Amen.

May God truly bless each and every one of you and all you do for His kingdom and His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment